Import Templates save all individual settings, including field assignments of a data import. New Import Templates can be created exclusively via theData Import. Settings that are modified during a data import, are automatically adopted in the used import template.
You can always later edit existing import templates. Just click on the button [ Edit ].
Properties and File Structure
- Template Name
- Enter your import template name (freely selectable).
- Set column separator
- Text Qualifier
- Enter a text qualifier (if used)
- Headers in Row
- Specify the row which contains the column headers here (note, it is not always the first line)
Options for XML-Templates
- XML element with product data
- XML element that contains the product data
- Are there additional variation items, please assign the appropriate XML element.
Here you can see the column mappings of your import template. The number of columns depends on the type of import template: category, product or quantity.
In order to not lose track of your import templates, please enter a descriptive name for each template, for example, 'Quantity_ImportShoes' or 'Products_ImportJewelry' and delete unused templates if necessary.
Explanation of Columns
- Field Names in Database
- Here are the available fields of the database listed (field names).
- Column names of the import file
- The column names of your file you can adjust (if necessary), if for example, the column names of your import file change. Your column name must of course match the name in your file. The contents of the respective columns in your import file will be later automatically assigned to the column name of the interface (left) when importing or converting.
- Column names should generally not use spaces, special characters or umlauts!
- Extended Options
- If all records of certain columns should have a fixed value (for example, state = 'NEW' or quantity = '1'), then enter this value (NEW or 1). Please leave the assignment of column names from the import file empty in these cases.
There are various possibilities for the calculation, filtering and individual formatting of column contents at the import and export of data. Please look at our help page "Advanced Field Functions".
File Type Product
- Create missing items in the DataPool
- Products from the import file that are not yet in the data pool, are added as new items (with a new ID) in the data pool. Note: Under unfavorable circumstances, this setting could lead to incorrect import data records being created as new products. Always make sure that your import files are formatted correctly!
- Data records without unique ID
- Should the file to be imported contain data records without unique ID, then please check this option. By default, only records with an unique ID are imported.
- Remove Formatting from Texts
- All formatting - such as e.g. HTML tags - will be removed from the data during the import.
- If UPDATE: Ignore Missing Columns!
- For UPDATES: If you want to update only certain 'fields' of your data pool, this option should be enabled (Yes). Only the the pertaining fields in the data pool - for which columns are present in the import file - are then updated. All others are ignored.
- If you disable this setting (No), all DataPool field contents that are not selected for import are deleted (overwritten with an empty value).
- Your data pool contains 20 fields with different values, but you only want to update the field TITLE, because some product titles of your offers have changed and must be updated. Select this option and assign only the columns EAN and TITLE. Leave all other selection fields blank. Of course, the EAN numbers should not have changed, to allow a correct assignment of the new titles.
- Categories from import file use
- If your import file contains product categories, then you can use these as the internal categories in the data pool. With re-imports already existing data will be updated. Newly added internal categories are created.
- Create a backup of the existing data before importing
- Before importing you can - for safety reasons - create a backup copy of the existing data.
File Type Inventory
- Set all inventory levels to 0 before importing
- When checked, all inventory levels in the data pool will be deleted prior to importing and set back to 0 (Zero).